I use:

Monday, June 02, 2008

A new PC for my parents, others...

This looks like a very good option. I WILL aquire one, upon release and give you a better perspective at that point, but until then have a look at Engadget's post.
Final specifications revealed for ASUS Eee Box B202? - Engadget: "the mini desktop will exhibit a 1.6GHz Intel Atom N270 processor, a 80/120/160/250GB hard drive, GMA 950 integrated graphics set, gigabit Ethernet, WiFi, optional Bluetooth, a multicard reader, 512MB/1GB/2GB of DDR2 RAM and an Azalia ALC888 audio chip; you'll also find a pair of USB 2.0 ports, DVI out and a headphone jack, but an optical drive is altogether missing."

If the box doesn't prove practical enough for me, it will be installed at my parents' place this summer as an update, and it will likely be the Linux version.

No comments: