I use:

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Six months in a leaky boat...

On May 18th, 2012 I was formally relieved of my duties with a fine company that had some hard times. 20% of the employees, worldwide, were slotted for termination. I lost my job to off-shoring, and a lack of work, but don't harbour any resentment. I appreciated the opportunity to work in technical support for this fine company. I had the chance to do some fairly cool things, build some neat tools and helped some wonderful people do what they do. I proudly and with dedication ensured that the people had the technology and/or advice they needed to do their jobs, and they appreciated my efforts.

I love what I do for people, making technology work, taking the stress of something complicated (for some) and either making it work when it seems it won't and making it work better when that's what needs to happen. I deliver results... when I am employed. I miss my job.

I recognize that time are changing, that wages are not what they used to be, and we cannot be shocked at this, can we? We, North Americans, "the West" are competing with fine, intelligent people that work for $100 a month. How on earth do we keep asking for more when the global economy dictates that we are due for a correction, that our life of privilege needs to give way to a life of practicality. I accept this revelation and I'm willing to work for less, simply, I want to work.

So, contract, full-time, part-time, anything is what I'm looking for. I simply want to help people with technology. If you know of anything, if I can be of help to you or someone you know, send them to my personal web site at www.cstevens.ca.


No comments: